Saturday, November 9, 2013

Yo bro, it's all about you!!!!

Today I was suppose to call someone I haven't talked to in awhile and tell them how grateful I am for them. Well, that ended up being easy for me today. I woke up and lets just say that I am so thankful this day is ending. It was a rough day and lets just say I felt like nothing was going right and I was feeling very taken advantage of today. It was one of those moments where I feel as if I constantly give but rarely is that same feeling given back to me.

So I called up my older brother because he always listens and truly cares. I totally unloaded all my woes on him and he just listened. Gave me some sympathetic feedback and encouraged me to go on. This is why I appreciate him. He never judges me but always sees the good where I slack. He is constantly checking up on me to make sure I am okay and to see how my life is. He is truly interested in my life. He is the kind of guy who makes commitments and keeps them. He is a hard worker and truly dedicates himself to his job.

He loves his children and does his best to show them that. He strives daily to be a better father even though he sees his kids every other weekend. He wants to see that they are always taken care of. I appreciate him because he usually finds humor in life and has the most contagious laugh. He brings the laughter into our family and makes trips home so much more enjoyable. He is sympathetic when I need a shoulder to cry on and a supporter when I feel I can't do something alone.

Everyone should have an older brother like me. He was meant to come first in our family and he truly holds us together. All his brothers look up to him and he is talked about in every conversation. He has friendships with each of his siblings and treats each one of us with kindness and respect.

I am so grateful I called him today since it had been awhile and even though it was due to the fact I needed a boost from his strength and compassion it also gave me the chance to tell him why I appreciate him. Thanks Scott for living up to the role of the older brother and being all that an older brother should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment