Saturday, November 9, 2013

5 minute timer

Yesterday I was suppose to take 5 minutes and write everything I was grateful for that is in my life currently. It was in attempts to appreciate what I have now and not what I wish for. I started to do this and the computer decided to go all wack-o on me and I had to stop. It is funny though as I started to do this last night and as I am doing it now. I feel the things I named in my A to Z post are what I am currently grateful for. Usually when I ackowledge my blessings it is what I have currently. But I am going to give this a shot.

Currently I have a job and I am grateful for that when so many people don't have one. I am grateful for my car. Yes it is falling apart and yes it feels as if all the bolts and nuts are going to fall out of it but it gets me where I need to go and I can get so much more done with it then if I had to walk everywhere therefore I am grateful for my car. I am grateful I was able to take a HOT shower/bath tonight for a long time and relax. I am grateful for where I live. This includes the lil'townhome I am in and for the fact that I live in America and partly for Utah. My family teases me a lot for living in Utah but this place has pushed me in so many directions in the past 6 years that I have grow immensely. I am grateful for religion and what I am able to come to know for myself to be true. I am grateful for scriptures, for a testimony, for the chance to pray and pray often through out the day, and to study about topics that help me be a better person.

I talk a lot about friends these days but I am truly grateful for them. I am grateful that they listen and give me pep talks when I need it most. Twice this week I was given the encouragement I needed from people in my that literally pushed me to keep going. I am grateful for the opportunity to work with teens for work and church. It brings me joy and keeps me smiling. It is also providing me the resources to write my recent paper and to create my most recent presentation. I am grateful for food and that it is not hard to find nourishment. I am grateful for water. I am grateful I get to crawl into my comfy bed soon. I am grateful for technology to accomplish all that I need to especially lately and that technology allows me to keep up with people.

I am grateful for the little things like blue skies and sunshine and crunchy leaves. I am grateful for babies laughter. I am grateful for life in general even with the hard moments. Life's lessons shape me daily and gives me the insight to be a better person.

I love life!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment