Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Miracle Drug

Girls = Emotions = Why???????
 
Ok, so we all know those girls who are emotional ALL the time right? Just watch a freakin episode of the Bachelor if you don't know what I mean! Seriously!!!! At times it was blessing having just brothers! Just Sayin!
 
I'll admit I get emotional! I'm a woman unfortunately it happens! But I try to not be the one that everyone thinks "What's her next issue today?????" "What is her complaint of the day????" I'll admit I've been through some hard times. We all have! Its the facts of life!
 
But some times those crazy hormones God so lovingly gave us just get out of wack for a day or so and we have NO explanation! It just happens and today........ was MY day!
 
I have been dealing with a headache for 3 days but I slept good for the most part despite the fact I have been dealing with a few decisions the last couple of days that aren't easy decisions to make! I LOVED and I mean LOVED my scripture reading time this morning. I re-learned the importance of opposition in all things. I had the "ah-ha" moment that I think we experience the bad in life so we can more fully appreciate the good and it makes the blessings even sweeter when we recognize them. I re-learned the importance of standing straight and pure with God at all times. I re-learned the importance of always having the gates of hell closed around us and always striving to be in the Light of Christ! I mean seriously, it was an AWESOME early morning "remembering" moment. Then on top of that I had a great conversation with my Father in Heaven and I discussed with him some recent frustrations I have been dealing with and seeking for ways to go about it and life was grand!
 
By the time I got to work the headache was magnifying, the stomach was feeling nasty, and it just started tumbling into craziness!!!
 
Girls + Emotions + Hormones = Crazy Moments!!!!
 
I'm sitting there and the feelings are worsening by the moment. The more I stared at the computer the harder it was to concentrate. Typing emails was a strain! Talking to be people was a chore!
 
I had music playing out of habit and then all of the sudden Taylor Swift was singing "I miss the gap between your teeth" and I LOST it! The tears welled up in my eyes!!!! Are you freakin kiddin me???? What the??????? I was like that is so sweet yet so sad!!!! I knew at that moment that it was just an off whacked out hormonal day! Crying over the dudes gapped teeth in a song? Seriously hormones are so CRAZY!!!!! Hello, NO reason for tears! Seriously!
 
So a girl gotta do what a girl gotta do! Reach out to those who get you! Seriously God puts certain people in our lives for a specific reason: To tell us they understand these crazy moments and make us laugh because they have the same moments! So grateful I have certain people in my who TRULY get me and truly understands whacked out hormonal days!
 
By 1pm I was in serious debate: Go home and let the strange unexplainable emotions ride themselves out or get in the car and drive to Salt Lake for another meeting!
 
So then a girl does the second best thing in life and I down 2 excedrine migraine and a 44 oz coke and I hit the road! Not gonna lie driving thru Utah County was a little crazy with a pounding headache and psycho emotions but made it to Salt Lake sat thru a VERY  interesting meeting which I think warrants it own blog post and by the time I was heading back to my car this girl was flying high like the morning didn't even exist!
 
Then I do the third best thing I could today and that was cook dinner for my neighbors and spend the evening chilling with them!
 
Seriously, hormones you are SO WEIRD AND CRAZY AND WHACKED OUT SOMEDAYS!!!!! I don't get them and why they play with our emotions!
 
So the next time you cry over some guy's gapped teeth in a song for NO apparent reason use the miracle drug: a true and amazing friend, 2 excedrine, 44 oz coke, and a 40 minute drive and put those hormones out of their misery!
 
So thankful today's weird moments are over with!  And lets pray they don't come back anytime soon cause seriously how many times do you REALLY need to get emotional over his gap between his teeth?????????

No comments:

Post a Comment