Friday, March 22, 2013

Confusion


So I’ve been thinking about this for a while now and proposed the question to a friend the other day as we were driving to Lehi High to teach our class. I have also had this conversation with others in the past. So now I propose the question to you: Are you saddened when someone randomly doesn’t want anything to do with you anymore? Like they don’t want to be your friend anymore without any explanation?
I was like, seriously???? Should this bother me THAT much? It’s not like we are 8 years old again right? We are adults!!!! So why does it bother me and sadden me? I asked her if I was in left field over this and she said, No, because no explanation is worse because you will always feel like you did something wrong and not know how to fix it. And that is exactly it. Why is someone your friend; you laugh, joke, have this amazing friendship then one day out of the blue they no longer contact you? You attempt to contact them and they are very short, to the point, or even worse they ignore you?

It’s not like we need that constant 24-7. Ok, maybe some people do but I do okay without the constant. For example I have this bestie. She has been with me and now her husband as well through thick and thin. She has been my “go to” person through EVERYTHING! I know no matter what I can turn to her and she will be there for me. And believe me, the two of us have been through our fair share of ups and downs since we moved to Utah and became friends. Do we talk every day? No. She is busy being wife and raising two beautiful children and I have the craziest schedule known to man right now. But our friendship is solid and we know when we do get the chance to talk we can catch up and again know we are always there for each other.
 
 
 
 
 
I have some friends that I see more recently and again our friendships are awesome. We talk or hang out a few times during the week. Maybe part of it is the fact they are so close proximity wise so it’s easier to meet up with them. But again we have our own lives and can go a few days without talking.
 
There are great friends thru the crazy virtual world commonly known as “facebook” lol and it’s great to randomly get the chance to catch up with them and again we understand the busyness of life and we only get to communicate a handful of times but it’s awesome when we do because again we can pick up right where we left off no matter how long ago it was.

So why do others just randomly decide one day to ignore you? And even more why do we as some humans feel bad when someone doesn’t want to be our friend anymore? As childishly as that sounds, it’s the honest truth as I am finding out I am not the only one who feels this way. Sure there are some people you really attempt to be friends or acquaintances with and it’s just not happenin. You get that your personalities just don’t clash well. But usually with these people you know it because they are not afraid to get in your face about it or they treat you in a way that belittles you. As much as it hurts those are the people you are grateful for cause you get the “ah-ha” moment in your head that screams, “wow, they are wound up tighter then a barbwire fence mixed in with the look of a bitter beer face” and you know it’s best to just run and stay as far away from them as possible!!!!! These are the people you really don’t want to be around or associate with anyways.
 

But…….. so, why to the others? Why can you laugh and joke then nothing? Even further why do they not look at you, or when they do it’s with blank stares? Or why do they avoid you? Why won’t they tell you if you did something to upset them so you can attempt to fix it? Why won’t they explain themselves? Do they not cherish friendship like some of us others do? Are they okay with cycling through friends like they cycle their groceries? How can you go from great awesomeness in friendships to just someone they use to know????
 

Just thoughts that have been mulling around in my head and have eventually made it to paper. These thoughts have made me extra grateful for the friends I do have. And hopefully I can figure out the answers to the others for all of us who are left with questions marks taped to our foreheads!

1 comment: