Monday, October 8, 2012

Ultimate Cat Lover? Say What?

Once I started mending more from the broken heart I realized it was time to put myself out there again and start seeings who available and broaden my horizons. After another failed relationship which with that one I should have gone with my gut feeling on and never let progress but we know me and I tend to give everyone the benefit of the doubt I decided I needed a new route. Not gonna lie but its not the easiest to find a soulmate per say when you live in Provo Utah and 32 and single. Everyone under the sun had been pushing me towards on-line dating. The push started right after the heartache came. People didn't want to see me in so much pain and agony. I just couldn't bring myself to do it but then almost 6 months ago I decided to take the plunge and enter into the virtual world of on-line dating. The following is what I found:

First let me tell you about my profile! My amazing photography friend Kenna took my picture during an activity we had. She secretly did a mini photoshoot of me while teaching a lesson and using me as her example. What can I say we are clever. P.S. my dear friend if you ever read this I'd love to see the other pictures hint hint. :) Anywho she fell in love with this picture because she tells me she did not do any touch ups to it at all. This is straight off the camera and she said it totally needed to be my profile picture:

So after placing the picture I had to TALK about myself! Really???? This is something I struggle with but since I was going to do this I decided I had to put my all out there. I decided to let people know where I stand religiously and what I my interest where.

SO................ My profile screamed of the following rather clearly:
 
1. It stated not only am I a mormon but I'm a die hard molly mormon. Like one of those mormons who attends the temple regularly because she works there one night a week. Like not only do I attend church but I actually stay for all 3 hours and on top of that I do my best to fulfill my calling to the best of my ability and attend meetings on Sunday and throughout the week.
 
2. It talked of my mission and how important it was to me and the impact it had on my life.
 
3. It talked about my interest of how I enjoy the outdoors and my love of hiking and being in the mountains. It talked of my obsession of waterfalls and how I like to search them out. It talked about my enjoyment of snowshoeing in the winter.
 
4. It talked about how I was trying to run more and wanted to become better. Basically that I want to be able to learn to run with great stride not waddle when I run. I know you are all picturing that right now! Yep, thats how I run lol
 
 
5. It talked about my LOVE of hockey and how I get excited over the fighting and the more fighting the better. What can I say, Im a lil' crazy :)
 

As you can see I was trying to show a well rounded picture of me. I may have threw in there my love of baking and reading and watching movies. Another friend read my profile after it was done and she stated, this profile describes you perfectly. If you would have had me writing it, this is what i would have written.
 
So........... based on the responses I have gotten let me ask you, where in my profile does it scream:
 
1. Yes, please send me requests to get to know you if you are 50 something and older. I always wanted a second daddy!!!! Really?

 
2. Yes, you lovingly holding your CAT in your PROFILE PICTURE really excites me! I've always wanted to be a cat lady and be second in line to your feline!!! Really?
3. Yes Mr. Cat Lovers (yes plural I have had 2 different cat lover requests) your interesting mustaches and mullet hairs and shorter shorts are just what turns me on!!! Really?
 
4. Yes, reading your ENTIRE PROFILE and only learning about your video games and your scores on your video games wants me to respond so we can what? Hook up and watch you play video games? Really?
 
5. Yes, I want to respond after reading your profile where you stated I've been with many women in my life and I know just what a women wants. You respond to me and I will give you a night you won't forget in and outside of bed!!! Really? (Not gonna lie this one really disgusted me. Especially being a LDS site)
 
6. I only want to date women who are physically fit and strive daily to keep up the curvy figure!!!!! Really? You want me to write back because why? I'm not physically fit tho working on it but why do I want to be in a relationship where this is a requirement?
 
AND FINALLY...
7. Yes, I want to move to Peru or Africa or Zimbabwe even tho you do not have a job because true love is all that matters and as long as I am in your arms and able to kiss you daily life is a perfect bliss!!! Really?
 
Now I have had people tell me that I am to picky. Am I? Is it to much to ask for someone who has a job? Is it to much to ask for someone who doesn't go against my standards and wants me in bed with them on the FIRST night? Now we all know I above most people don't worry to much about age, but 50 something and older? Is it to much to ask for someone between the ages of me and my siblings and maybe slightly younger or slightly older but not someone who is going to now be BFF's with my parents? We all know I love pets and I miss my lil dog terribly and I want to own a dog some day but having it share your space on your profile picture and you are the man? I get loving cats. Don't get me wrong there. It shows a sweet caring side but WITH YOU IN THE PICTURE AS THE FIRST THING SOMEONE SEES???

 
Above all is it to much to simply ask for a manly man, who works hard in life, whos responsible, who is respectful, who is faithful, who would love his wife and kids with all his heart, who would accept my flaws but be willing to try all the crazy things I do and/or support me in them? Just askin! :)
P.S. NOT saying he has to be Matt or Channing I just thought we needed something to look at other then the cat lover pictures stuck forever in our minds. Don't close this post thinking cat lover close this post thinking Channing! Just Sayin :)





4 comments:

  1. i'm dying. i wish this didn't suck so bad for you, but you have a way of making it fun to read about. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks friend! I'm seriously laughing tonight! I think what made it so easy to laugh at my situation was finding pictures to go with it. Like its been said before only I can have stories as crazy as these and live to tell them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I'm glad we're laughing about it! Sometimes that is the only thing to do! :)

    ReplyDelete