Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Through Different Eyes!



The other day I had the privilege to spend an entire afternoon with the CUTEST 3 year old EVER! (What can I say? Its in the aunt gene to comment that she has the cutest nieces and nephews ever) Its a good thing the bragging part doesn't come with a price or I would surely be broke. But sadly the spoiling funds are a little tight these days so I visited the grand ol dollar store!

Who knew that the dollar store would have just the perfect items? I bought 2 kites that came together so basically 50 cents each and we had SO much fun. We ran all over the neighborhood, through peoples yards (oops) and all around the park trying to get the darn thing in the air. What can you expect for 50 cents right? So after numerous doctoring jobs on the kite eie scotch tape we never tired of attempting to throw it in the air. He would run and run and the poor lil kite would just drag behind. Then I would get it in the air just enough that it would swarm just above his head and he would attempt to grab it. Each time it would get close to him he would just giggle and giggle.

Then we frosted cupcakes and put sprinkles on them. Aunt Sarah frosted while he sprinkled! There was more frosting and sprinkles on his face then the cupcake. Yep! That kid and I are DEFINITELY related! :) He was so fun because he was so determined to do it and to do it all by himself.

After that he so was not tired from the kite episode so we spent hours on the driveway with chalk. I had forgotten how much fun chalk can be. And the imaginations of little kids: WOW! It didn't look like much from an adult perspective until he described what it was. His imagination definitely put my recognizable house, tree, clouds, and sunshine to shame. Then it was on to a game of hide and seek. My favorite part was me saying: Where or where could he be? Hes a good hider!" And he would start to giggle and jump out and say Here I am Aunt Sarah. I was hiding here! lol

The afternoon ended with another trip to the park and an bubble blowing contest. Cause what is a day without dollar store bubbles right? To see him try so hard and blow so hard and the ecstatic expression to see a bubble produce was priceless.

So my thoughts since then and point to make: Why are we not looking at life through the eye of a 3 year old? I know we are adults with responsibility! I think I know that feeling and burden more than some. But what would it be like if we could be entertained by a 50 cent kite, or express our thoughts thru chalk displays, and blow some bubbles! Sure our co-workers or friends might want to put us away but what if you got them to join you? What if we took our next lunch break to draw in the parking lot or blow bubbles or just LAUGH! Just think how the world might be!

I hope I can take time and view the world more like a 3 yr old and not so much as the adult I do with all the obligations and responsibilities that I have. I hope I can laugh and play hide and go seek and swing on swings and slide down slides!

Kudos to the dollar store for saving the day on my tight budget but more importantly kudos to a 3 yr old for teaching me a valuable lesson and changing my perspective on life! Who wants to go kite flying and chalking drawing???? :)

1 comment:

  1. I have a 3 year old at my house. Of course I think she's the cutest! ;) They are so fun to be around! I told Larry that I want one more baby so I can have another 3 year old. It may be my favorite age. All 3 of my kids were so fun at 3. I'm thankful that this time around I can be a stay-at-home mom. I don't want to miss a minute! Right now she's upstairs putting her "babies" to bed. I am supposed to be very quiet. I am loving every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete