Sunday, March 18, 2012

Its officially official: The Lord has a sense of humor!!!!

Since its now officially official I can announce the whirlwind of my week. But first I must say I gotta quit being so churchy. haha JK! But as some of you know 4 1/2 years ago after living in Utah for only a few months I went in for tithing settlement and came out as the Relief Society President. I was 27 and majority of the ward was between the ages 18-20 and there was a 110 sisters. I knew No One and I had never had a Relief Society calling before.

Well, a few weeks ago my friend Bekah and I were discussing the importance of callings and serving the Lord and it made me reflect back on the time I was in that calling. Besides my mission it was probably the hardest thing I have ever done. Yet it probably was one of my favorites (but seriously are callings allowed to have favorites? ) because of what I learned personally. I grew in SO many ways and was forced to learn SO many things about myself and some were hard personal moments. But I also met some AMAZING women who I will always look up to and call my friends. I saw them grow individually and collectively and every one of them taught me so much and part of me is who I am today because of them.

I went to church reflecting still on our conversation so much that the Spirit prompted me to bear my testimony of callings and serving and accepting each calling we are given willingly. Because one thing I learned with out a doubt is that the Lord calls you to the calling you are suppose to be in. Why he does this I have know idea except he is a lot smarter than me.

Anywho I have determined the Lord also has a sense of humor because on Wednesday of this past week as in 4 days ago I was asked to visit with the Bishop and I thought O Crap I bore my testimony on callings and now I am getting one. Well Im pretty sure its in the Nursery but at least it will be fun and we can play and eat snacks and I was SO excited but the Lord has another thought for me and has called me to be the new Young Womens President in my ward.

Yes, Im not gonna lie I laughed at the Bishop and said Nursery? You said nursery right? I thought you were calling me to nursery because nobody will accept nursery? And he said Nope you bore your testimony and we instantly knew this was the calling for you. The whole Bishopbric felt it immiediately.

Lesson learned my friends: NEVER go in for tithing settlement and NEVER bear your testimony especially about callings :) OK now on a serious note I am very humble and scared and excited all in one. I am new to this ward so I am having dejavue moments and I definitely don't feel qualified for a calling of this magnitude but I am humbled to know the Lord believes in me and has faith I can handle it.

I called my mom after I left the Bishops off and for those of you who know my mom just laugh and those of you who dont know her just laugh cause its just the mom  and she says "what the hell????? How are you suppose to this with everything else you are doing?" We talked about it some more then on a more serious note she says "Sweetie, I don't know why the Lord is calling you to these callings and why he is doing it while you are single but he is definitely preparing you for something bigger down the road so learn all that you can"

Honestly I am scared as to what is BIGGER down the road lol but in all seriousness I learned a long time ago that the Lord is always in control, he knows what is best, and we just have to put our trust in him and he will guide us through this crazy journey.

Also when I left the Bishops office I got a text asking if I would substitute teach Relief Society today and the funny thing the lesson was called "Sustaing those whom the Lord Sustains" I then read the lesson and realized it was time for me to recover from my panic attack and buck up and go to work. I prayed that night for counselors and then took a shower and I will never know why thoughts always come to me in the shower but they do and 3 names INSTANTLY came to my mind. I prayed again and thought why would I call them talked it out to myself (yes I have many conversations with myself) and went to sleep.

For rest of the week I could not come up with any other names and was panicking because I knew the Bishop wanted answers and the thought came to me "Quick freaking out. You have your names these are the ones." And I honestly didn't think twice about it and submitted the names to the Bishop. It is so interesting for me to see how the Lord works cause I honestly don't know very many people in this ward but I am confident in the Lord and his power and I am excited to work with the sisters and young women and know through the Lord and the Spirit and Coke and chocolate and did I mention Coke ;) we will accomplish his will and progress the work.

I am so very grateful for every sister I have called who accepted the call and went to work . Those who didn't fight or find fault or find way to hinder the work, allowed the work to move forward in miraculous ways and I will always be grateful to them. As I said I met some AMAZING sisters and to see them flourish in their callings was awe inspiring to watch.

I often wonder the path the Lord sends me down and why but I know there are many lessons for me to learn and I am excited and scared out of my mind to learn them. Feel free to bring over the Coke and the chocolate cause I could use the stock up pile. Jk! I know there are many more people more qualified then me but I am humbled to accept this calling from the Lord and stay tune as I attempt to keep up on this blog because we are in for quite the adventure! :)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! You're young and fun--you'll do great in connecting with the young women in your ward. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete